Old 08-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Tim Tyler

Default raspberry canes

R wrote:

: I planted 5 raspberry canes in Feb (Autumn Bliss variety), following
: all instructions on spacing and made sure soil had plenty of compost
: mixed in, as well as adding fertiliser and mulched the soil to help
: keep moist. I have been watering regularly, but the canes still show
: no signs of life at all- no leaves or buds. Is this usual for an
: autumn variety or are they dead/dormant?

I have 8 new canes. One shows vigorous growth from the base,
a couple of the others show buds from a couple of inches up the
cane - and the rest still seem to be dormant.

My taeberries and loganberries are more clearly doing better ;-)
--