Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Mixing Chemicals?

Well, there is a little test that can be done to see if things react in a
volatile manner when combined. Just a drop of each put together and watch
what happens. If it fizzes, etc, it's a no go.

But what I really want to know is if mixing these things negates the
properties of either or both of them. I don't want to waste time and
chemicals spraying a useless solution.

Having said that, we have a friend who has thousands of orchids. He throws
some Orthene in with his fertilizer occasionally. Doesn't seem to have a bug
problem, and his plants, with very few exceptions, grow outside under trees,
on lines, everywhere.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Good question! I never mix them because I don't know what can and can't
be mixed. I've been fighting mealie bugs and wondered if I could mix MSU
and orthene...somehow the addition of so many inorganic ions to an organic
chemical didn't seem like smart chemistry to me. But whaddoikno?

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
All:

I know I can mix certain fungicides with each other. My question is,
which of the following, if any, would also be compatible with Orthene?
Any? None?

Cleary's 3336; Subdue; Phyton; Physan.

Diana