Old 13-08-2008, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Mixing Chemicals?

Good info, Gary. Know anything about mixing Cleary's 3336 with Orthene? I am
more concerned about that combination than using the stuff with fertilizer.
I need to do a spray tomorrow, and would love to hit them with both
insecticide and Cleary's at the same time.

I love this group. So many good minds.

Diana

"v_coerulea" wrote in message
I know Physan, Phyton 27, Subdue, and Orthene all play nice together along
with Distance and Enstar, Decathlon, Marathon II, and all the expensive
miticides (Floramite, Pylon, Akari...). Some of these may not work well
with fertilizers. I know Physan and fertilizer cause a fine precipitate
which is probably taking some of the nutrients out of solution. Some of the
others are hard to tell since they turn white in water solutions. The
precipitate is what you want to look for in a reaction. I don't think any
of them will fizz or go kaboom. The precipitate may be so fine it just
looks like a cloudy solution. But it will begin to clump or form sandy-like
grains on the bottom after sitting for awhile. Hope this helps some.
Gary

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
All:

I know I can mix certain fungicides with each other. My question is,
which of the following, if any, would also be compatible with Orthene?
Any? None?

Cleary's 3336; Subdue; Phyton; Physan.

Diana