Old 13-08-2008, 10:24 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
[email protected] ngdbud@gmail.com is offline

Default Can you help me indentify this flower? (extremely vauge description)

Hey! I was at a camp earlier this summer and there was a pretty cool
flower there. I'm going to give you the best verbal (textal?)
description i can...

It was in Forest Falls CA. thats at about 5,000 ft. elev. temp range
from 70-85 F during the day. The flower itself looked like a large
daisy with fewer but larger petals. It was white in color and had a
diameter of about 4 in. My attention was grabbed most by this flowers
sweet smell. I found a small patch of them growing out of a gravel
dirt mix on the banks of a creek running along the base of San
Gogornio mt.

I know this seems like a pretty stupid question, but if there are any
botanists living in Forest Falls CA, I just might get lucky. Thanks
all!