Old 14-08-2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mark A.Meggs Mark A.Meggs is offline

Default peaches, how to protect

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 18:52:12 -0700 (PDT), jzfredricks
wrote:

Hi all,

I've just moved homes and for the first time have a fruit tree - a
peach tree. I know very little about gardening, and I'm wondering if i
have to protect the fruit from insects, birds, bats etc?

The tree has flowered, and now has many small peaches.

I live in Brisbane, Australia, and it's winter here (not that it gets
cold, mind you).

thanks in advance

jack

Jack,

I don't have a clue about what pests you my enounter. But, speaking
from recent personal experience if you have a heavy crop you'll need
to thin them out. I didn't thin mine - now I have broken limbs.

- Mark