Old 08-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Sally Thompson

Default Runner beans

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:10:31 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message

snip
The reference to the soil is because most of our land consists of coal
and clay except where we have imported some top soil (and now have a
nice large heap of horse manure to add to it, thanks to a generous
friend with a large horse who thinks we're doing *her* a favour.)

You may well be doing just that, depending on where you live in relation to
numbers of gardens or horses in the vicinity. Some places have signs up
selling manure at up to £1/bag, but here we have riding schools and
allsorts, and they have signs up practically begging us to take it away.One
lane has three schools or farms stabling several horses within the space of
half a mile, and they're in competition to get rid of it, or they'll have to
pay.

Yes indeed, lots and lots of horses around here in South Shropshire.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Remove the LIZARD to email reply