Old 14-08-2008, 10:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Sloping Veg garden

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Sigh. I suppose you can't help being ignorant but I'll try to educate
you
anyway.

That is very generous of you, luv.

I thought so given the comments you directed my way.

I mean, I know you'd like to
stomp me as flat as road kill, so all things considered. Eh, but
I did come across
http://www.dictionary.co.uk/browse.aspx?word=amendment ;O)

Apparently, it means the same in colonial English (American).
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/amendment

Well I appreciate your having followed up to see why I used the word the way
I did. I try to be careful with the words I choose to use and I knew I had
used that one correctly.

I often rewrite things because I know that words don't always mean the same
to a US reader (who are the dominant gorup in this ng) as they do in the
rest of the English speaking world.

But thanks all the same for not skinning me alive or nailing my
head to the shed.

Not this time. Maybe next time.

Think it's time for a coldie.

Only 2 per day I hope.