Old 14-08-2008, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Applying lime in the summer

In article
,
Bill wrote:

Malathion and Salmon.

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms...viewStory.cls?
cid=126200&sid=4&fid=1

Most pesticide use could be drastically reduced by crop rotation
since the problem arises from planting the same thing, in the
same spot, year after year after year. IPM could reduce pesticide
use even more, but what we get are GMOs that make their own
insecticides (Bt), or that encourage the use of even more herbicides
(Round-Up Ready). Bt crops will create Bt-resistant insects and
further reduce bio-diversity by the indiscriminate killing of
non-target insects. "Round-Up Ready" crops will continue to kill
top-soil leading to further soil erosion and pollution of our water.
Large crops reduce crop prices and hurt farmers. Our farm subsidy
programs encourage the production more calories than we can consume,
which is where the billion$ spent adverti$ing (low cost/high profit)
processed foods, end up adding inches to our waistlines, and robbing
us of our health. What kind of nation would this be if that
advertising budget promoted heathy nutrition?

The same subsidized food isn't any better when it is exported and
ruins agriculture in countries like Mexico or Haiti.

Instead of electing a President and a Congress, the American
people would be better off hiring their own lobbyists because,
right now, nobody listens to what the parents of this country want.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars