Old 14-08-2008, 05:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Any idea what these seedlings are?

"littleapplemum" wrote via Gardenbanter

I went to a seed collection day at Hestercombe Gardens, Somerset, last
year and collected various seeds. I sowed them this year and many,
many, many seedlings emerged but I have no idea what they are... in
some cases 50 to 100 seedlings. I would really love to know what they
are so I can work out what to do with them, where to plant etc... I am
assuming that they are perennial as they have been very slow growing
(seeds were planted in April and haven't grown as much as other annual
seeds sown at same time), but am not 100% sure about this. Any
suggestions gratefully received

Apologies about the photo quality - the batteries are almost out on my
camera and it was a case of taking photos as quickly as possible before
the camera turned itself off, hence wobbly pics!

The first one looks like it has a square stem, if so, probably a Salvia.
Not sure on the others although I looked at the second and thought Bergenia
(?)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden