Old 15-08-2008, 11:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Applying lime in the summer

On 8/14/08 7:55 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Not that I have really had a summer here, but the sheeps' sorrel is running
rampant in the lawn and the garden and the quickest way to fix it is a good
heavy application of lime. Usually this happens in the late fall and I just
broadcast lime and in the spring, I'm all set for the season. Generally, I
only have to lime the garden once every 2-3 years, depending on snow
coverage and weather in general

But, it's August, it's been raining buckets and I suspect anything I added
in the spring got washed into the stream (which is why I stay away from
chemicals) or the neighbor's yard.

So - would you lime now and hope or just weed and lime in late fall as
usual.

Cheryl
(southern NH)

Skipping all the replies - I think I'll grab some "garden lime" as a quick
fix and do the dolomite in the late fall.

Thanks all

Cheryl