Old 15-08-2008, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
tuckermor tuckermor is offline

Default Aphids/eggs in compost?

There are black aphids. They love nasturtiums, among other things.

--

Visit
www.insectgraphics.com for all your insect gift needs
"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article g%Yok.826$ZV1.111@trnddc07, "Mike" wrote:

I want to begin a compost pile starting with some corn stocks but noticed
they are spotted with live black aphids. Would the compost wind up being
contaminated with these critters or their eggs next season?

If they are black, forgive me, but I doubt those are aphids. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)