Old 15-08-2008, 09:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default hyppoxia

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:40:18 EDT, "Pete C" wrote:

Mmm, The North Sea seems ok, so my cod and chips is safe
Serously, I have an odd situation with my pond. My O2. Readings are quite
satisfactory.........mainly taken evening when O2 content is highest. Fish
are still gasping at the surface, and 'eating' bubbles from fountain.
When I go to work at 6.30am, they are quite happily swimming around deeper
down, with no gasping.........at the time O2 should be at it's least. I'm
confused. Can anyone suggest another reason for this behavior please??

Could be something has compromised the gills, parasites or chemical burn.
What is your water temp when they're gasping? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us