Old 15-08-2008, 10:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default hyppoxia

~ jan wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:40:18 EDT, "Pete C"
wrote:

Mmm, The North Sea seems ok, so my cod and chips is safe
Serously, I have an odd situation with my pond. My O2. Readings are
quite satisfactory.........mainly taken evening when O2 content is
highest. Fish are still gasping at the surface, and 'eating' bubbles
from fountain. When I go to work at 6.30am, they are quite happily
swimming around deeper down, with no gasping.........at the time O2
should be at it's least. I'm confused. Can anyone suggest another
reason for this behavior please??

Could be something has compromised the gills, parasites or chemical
burn. What is your water temp when they're gasping? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Water temp atm is 18 C. I spent time tonight looking carefully at the fish.
I can't see anything physically wrong. All my water tests are fine, except
Nitrate is alittle above normal (zero), but nothing to worry about.
--
Pete C
London UK