Old 16-08-2008, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default Moles

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:01:30 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

On 15 Aug, 14:34, John Bachman wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 02:23:31 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

Hi,

For those of you who are searching for a remedy for moles, have tried
all the folk remedies without success. let me give you the answer.

I have been pestered by the little blighters for years, on and off.
This year particularly bad. After lots of research on the net, I came
across a French product called 'Le Detauper'. (Une taupe = a mole.) I
live in France, by the way.

I bought one yesterday afternoon, and set it about 6pm in the evening.
By 10pm I had caught and killed a mole!

It cost about €60, came with 5 little explosive devices included, but
you can buy packs of more of these. I have no interest, financial or
otherwise, in this company.

I am very impressed. It really works!

Sorry to ruin your congratulatory parade but you are spending time and
money dealing with the symptom, not solving the problem.

Moles, like all critters, go where there is food. *Their food is
grubs. *Got grubs = got moles. *Eliminate grubs = no moles.

I use Milky Spore which eliminates the Japanese Beetle grub, that big,
juicy, white guy. *No grubs, no moles, no skunks, no grub eaters at
all.

John

I know that killing one mole is not a permanent solution to the
problem of moles. An abandoned/empty mole run will probably be
recolonised by another mole sooner or later. There is NO permanent
solutions to moles. Even killing all the grubs will need to be
repeated.

Milky Spore lasts 15 - 20 years. I inoculated my 2 acres 10 years ago
and have not had a mole problem since then.

But, if you take pleasure out of blowing them up, knock yourself out.
I prefer other entertainments and since I am the primary source of
labor around here I am always seeking out labor saving methods.

John

If and when another mole pays us a visit I will use my Detauper again
- I still have 4 explosive 'petards' left.

But thank you for taking the time to respond.

Ron