Old 15-08-2008, 10:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Moles

Hi,

For those of you who are searching for a remedy for moles, have tried
all the folk remedies without success. let me give you the answer.

I have been pestered by the little blighters for years, on and off.
This year particularly bad. After lots of research on the net, I came
across a French product called 'Le Detauper'. (Une taupe = a mole.) I
live in France, by the way.

I bought one yesterday afternoon, and set it about 6pm in the evening.
By 10pm I had caught and killed a mole!

It cost about €60, came with 5 little explosive devices included, but
you can buy packs of more of these. I have no interest, financial or
otherwise, in this company.

I am very impressed. It really works!

Ron
Old 15-08-2008, 10:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 15 Aug, 11:23, Ron wrote:
Hi,

For those of you who are searching for a remedy for moles, have tried
all the folk remedies without success. let me give you the answer.

I have been pestered by the little blighters for years, on and off.
This year particularly bad. After lots of research on the net, I came
across a French product called 'Le Detauper'. (Une taupe = a mole.) I
live in France, by the way.

I bought one yesterday afternoon, and set it about 6pm in the evening.
By 10pm I had caught and killed a mole!

It cost about €60, came with 5 little explosive devices included, but
you can buy packs of more of these. I have no interest, financial or
otherwise, in this company.

I am very impressed. It really works!

Ron

Oops! Forgot to mention the website: www.detauper.com. You probably
could have worked that out,eh?

Ron
Old 15-08-2008, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 02:23:31 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

Hi,

For those of you who are searching for a remedy for moles, have tried
all the folk remedies without success. let me give you the answer.

I have been pestered by the little blighters for years, on and off.
This year particularly bad. After lots of research on the net, I came
across a French product called 'Le Detauper'. (Une taupe = a mole.) I
live in France, by the way.

I bought one yesterday afternoon, and set it about 6pm in the evening.
By 10pm I had caught and killed a mole!

It cost about €60, came with 5 little explosive devices included, but
you can buy packs of more of these. I have no interest, financial or
otherwise, in this company.

I am very impressed. It really works!

Sorry to ruin your congratulatory parade but you are spending time and
money dealing with the symptom, not solving the problem.

Moles, like all critters, go where there is food. Their food is
grubs. Got grubs = got moles. Eliminate grubs = no moles.

I use Milky Spore which eliminates the Japanese Beetle grub, that big,
juicy, white guy. No grubs, no moles, no skunks, no grub eaters at
all.

John

Ron

Old 15-08-2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Let's see. That's about $90 for 'Le Detauper' vs. $20 for enough
Milky Spore to treat 2,500 sq. ft.

John, why can't you save us more? ;O)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 15-08-2008, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Ron- Hide quoted text -

You haven't ruined my joy one iota.

Actually I knew that moles dig tunnels to find food. I also know that
the chief food source of moles is earthworms. What kind of gardener
would like to rid his garden of earthworms?

I know that killing one mole is not a permanent solution to the
problem of moles. An abandoned/empty mole run will probably be
recolonised by another mole sooner or later. There is NO permanent
solutions to moles. Even killing all the grubs will need to be
repeated.

If and when another mole pays us a visit I will use my Detauper again
- I still have 4 explosive 'petards' left.

But thank you for taking the time to respond.

Ron

Old 15-08-2008, 06:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 15 Aug, 18:50, Billy wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Bush and Pelosi Behind Barshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg&ref=patrick.nethttp://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1009916.html- Hide quoted text -

2,500 sq. ft. That's about 250 m2. Less than half the size of my
garden. A mole tunnel can be as long as 250 metres. Not so much of a
saving, eh?

Ron
Old 15-08-2008, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Ron wrote:

On 15 Aug, 18:50, Billy wrote:

wrote:

[...]

OK, we'll be reckless, and go for over kill. Well buy enough for
more than your garden. We'll buy enough for 7,500 sq. ft. (675 m2)
and now we are only $30 ahead. So, which is better (1) no moles,
or, (2) no moles + $30 ? ;O) Another way to look at it is that you are
covering 675 m2, not just treating one spot. Obviously, the
smaller your garden, the more cost efficient Milky Spore is, but
hey, if you got money to burn, go for it.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 16-08-2008, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Milky Spore lasts 15 - 20 years. I inoculated my 2 acres 10 years ago
and have not had a mole problem since then.

But, if you take pleasure out of blowing them up, knock yourself out.
I prefer other entertainments and since I am the primary source of
labor around here I am always seeking out labor saving methods.

John

Old 16-08-2008, 01:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

"John Bachman" wrote in message

Milky Spore lasts 15 - 20 years. I inoculated my 2 acres 10 years ago
and have not had a mole problem since then.

That sort of depends upon your climate. If the temperatures are too cold,
milky spore doesn't work that well. Ironically, you actually need some grubs
to continue your innoculation because new milky spore is only produced by
grubs ingesting it and then dying.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA (Zone 6a)

Old 17-08-2008, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:45:49 -0400, "Alan Sung" wrote:

"John Bachman" wrote in message
.. .

Milky Spore lasts 15 - 20 years. I inoculated my 2 acres 10 years ago
and have not had a mole problem since then.

That sort of depends upon your climate. If the temperatures are too cold,
milky spore doesn't work that well. Ironically, you actually need some grubs
to continue your innoculation because new milky spore is only produced by
grubs ingesting it and then dying.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA (Zone 6a)

I am in NH, zone 5 and my Milky Spore is doing just fine.

It is true that new grubs are necessary to keep the spores coming but
one infested grub results in millions of new spores. It is not like
an "infestation" of grubs is needed to keep your soil inoculated.
There will certainly be adult beetles that fly in and lay their eggs
that result in grubs to feed the spores. But the spores keep the grub
population down so that moles and other grub eating critters are not a
problem.

John

[IMG] code is On

Chipmunks or moles? Duane Morin Gardening 6 03-10-2003 05:12 PM
Moles ROY MCMASTER Australia 4 17-04-2003 01:08 PM
Getting rid of moles Chris Haney North Carolina 7 07-04-2003 02:44 AM
Moles VS Voles smitty48 Edible Gardening 3 22-03-2003 08:44 PM
How do you get rid of moles without traps Susan E Desjardins Edible Gardening 18 18-03-2003 06:44 PM