Old 16-08-2008, 12:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
FireBrick[_2_] FireBrick[_2_] is offline

Default hydrangea question

My hydrangea bush/plant I get big 6" diameter blooms, then the petals turn
brownish after a few days.
Some new blooms form but not as many.

I fertilize with brand name food for hydrangeas as directed.

Should I prune off the faded blooms?
The total plant is about 24" high and the blooms are heavy and tend to fall
over so I support with garden type poles.

We have had a wet summer here and I do keep the ground watered in between
rains.

Suggestions please, just not as big and colorful as I expected.

This is the 4th season for this hydrangea.

please and thank you.