Old 17-08-2008, 02:39 AM
danny22 danny22 is offline
Registered User

Default repot tahiti lime plant :S

Hi all

I am going to repot my tahiti lime. i just got it, and it doesnt look like an overly happy tree, and upon removing it from the pot to check the roots, i see they are circling around the pot. i have enclosed a couple of pics. i intend to get this lime growing strong! i know they like to be quite constricted to bear fruit, but fruit isnt my priority for the next 12 months - making it stronger is!

only one question. I have heard conflicting reports as to whether or not to loosen some of the roots. I had thought that, since it isnt ideal time for repotting, i should disturb the root ball as little as possible. however, i saw an earthworm amidst the roots this morning, and i dont really want it lurking around in there. So what do you think, should i soak the roots for half hour, loosen the soil off and replant in really well draining soil?

thanks in advance!

danny
Attached Thumbnails
repot tahiti lime plant :S-picture-0019.jpg   repot tahiti lime plant :S-picture-0017.jpg   repot tahiti lime plant :S-picture-0013.jpg