Old 16-08-2008, 11:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default hydrangea question

Jim said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Jim said:
FireBrick wrote:

My hydrangea bush/plant
[....]

Should I prune off the faded blooms?

yes.

no.

http://endlesssummerblooms.com/consu...mmer_hydrangea

Pruning
To encourage rebloom, remove spent flowers. Because Endless Summer
blooms on new growth, you don't have to wait until the next season
to see armfuls of new blooms.

http://endlesssummerblooms.com/consu...mmer_hydrangea

and another tip for you. if you get to much nitrogen on and or
in the hydrangea you'll reduce the quality of the flowers and or
blooms.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that the OP stated the type of hydrangea. You're
assuming they are 'Endless Summer', in which case you'd be quite correct in
your advice. There are other types that fit the very vague description
given, that are *not* everblooming.

Unless they know what type of hydrangea they have, I'd say, "don't
deadhead". Besides (and also determined by the variety), mid-August may be
getting a little late for pruning. Next years buds may be/have
forming/formed.

JMO. =) I prefer knowing exactly what specific plant I'm dealing with,
before I "try something new" with it. That's prolly just me. =)

Cheers,
--

Eggs

Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?