Old 17-08-2008, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Economy 7 meter digital (OT)

On 17 Aug, 10:04, "gavin"
wrote:
"endymion" wrote in message

I know this is the wrong newsgroup but I cannot find the diy one. Either my
server has removed it or I just cant *find it. *Anyway, I have economy 7
electricity and they have just replaced the meter with a digital one and I
cannot work it out and I have tried the internet but they give N and L for
the tariff *readings

Can someone tell me which " T" and "R" stand for? I know one is night and
one day but I dont know which. *This is exceptionally important since
there is something wrong with the electricity supply and the *thing is
using 200 quid worth of electricity a month and I have nothing on.

I am trying to read the meter day and night to work out whats lamping the
electric but I cant do that not knowing which is day rate and which is
night. *Can someone with one of these new digital elec tronic readers tell
me which is which?

There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people over at uk.d-i-y. You
can always access the group via Google athttp://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/topics?hl=en.

I can't understand why your meter is 10 ft up, I thought that meters
had to be accessable for reading.
David Hill