Old 17-08-2008, 03:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default hydrangea question

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Chas Hurst said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message

Unless they know what type of hydrangea they have, I'd say, "don't
deadhead". Besides (and also determined by the variety), mid-August may
be
getting a little late for pruning. Next years buds may be/have
forming/formed.

JMO. =) I prefer knowing exactly what specific plant I'm dealing with,
before I "try something new" with it. That's prolly just me. =)

Cheers,
--

Eggs

Why didn't you ask of the species before giving bad advice?

What bad advice? I advised to err on the side of caution.

My hydrangeas die off to the ground in winter.

And, you assume that /all/ hydrangea do the same thing? Fool.

What buds are you talking about?

If a species flowers on old-wood, it forms those buds this season. If you
remove those buds, there'll be no flowers next season. Please do a little
research before posting about things you obviously know little about.

--

Eggs

My hydrangea dies to the ground in winter. That's all I posted. Are you
claiming it doesn't? Or do you merely like to read what you type.