Old 17-08-2008, 04:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond Liner

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:50:18 EDT, Sheila
wrote:

Yesterday we were talking to a guy who builds ponds and he said that a
vinyl liner will crack in several years and a rubber liner is the way to
go. We were talking to him about how to redo our pond. Is vinyl, which
we have not going to hold up for many years?

When a Georgia contractor says rubber liner, he probably means EPDM,
which some still call rubber, hard rubber or roofing sheet rubber.
Butyl isn't readily available here in sheets, although you may find
some in tapes and sealers for repairs. In fact you will be lucky if
you can find a roofing supply house that still handles sheet EPDM.
I'm in Warner Robins and my first EPDM liner, (An EPDM roofing sheet.)
came from Warner Robins Supply, a local building supply and my last
one from he
http://www.justliners.com/epdm.htm

No, the liner didn't go bad, the lawn timbers rotted. I changed the
pond from a wooden frame above ground to a retaining wall stone frame
above ground.

--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb