Old 17-08-2008, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Can I freeze tomatoes until I have enough to can a batch?

In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:48:54 -0500, Omelet wrote:
In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

If you substituted ketchup for any recipe that calls for tomato sauce,
you're going to have a discusting meal that can only be tossed in the
trash.

Agreed... altho' the starving college student handbook has a recipe for
cream of tomato soup made from the free condiments you can get at most
fast food places. ;-)

Involves a cup of hot water, ketchup and coffee creamer packets.

Ps, I tried it just for grins one time at work...

and it works!

I once made spanish rice using ketchup. I can recall few grosser
concoctions.

I didn't say it was good. g
But it worked... The creamer packets offset the taste of the ketchup.

You used it in spanish rice??? gag Why?

Lack of money. Young stupidity.

I understand. ;-)
--