Old 17-08-2008, 09:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Have you used sulphur?

In article
,
"www.locoworks.com" wrote:

I hae been told that it helps to remove harmful organisms from the
soil. I am dubious. Have you had real-word experience with it?

Yes, I have...

I was having a die-off of English Ivy on my fence line. I took some of
the dying plant to the local nursery (Gardenville). They said it looked
like root rot which is fungal. Made sense, we'd had an unusual amount of
rain at the time.

They sold me sulphur and told me to water it well into the soil where
the plants were.

Wait two weeks then add a soil probiotic that they also sold me.

It worked.

I'd personally not use it unless you have a reason to do so. A specific
infection. Add probiotic soil bacteria instead.
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)