Old 17-08-2008, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Lilies help please.

Take off any seed heads as they appear.
leaving stems and leaves intact.
leave in pots.
top dress with bone meal and layer of fresh compost.
Feed now every fortnight until end september with tomto or other high potash
fertiliser.
Place under shrub or tree until they restart into growth next spring, just
for protection .
They will survive, improve and increase stock each year for some years if
left in pots as long as they are fed at right time..
regards
Cineman

"Broadback" wrote in message
How do I know they are Lilies? Ask Lonnie.
seriously I have lilies in pots, which have done very well. This is their
third year, should I perhaps take them out of the pots and treat them like
onions, then replant next Spring in fresh compost? all pertinent
suggestions most welcome.