Old 18-08-2008, 09:44 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Sean Houtman Sean Houtman is offline

Default Can you help me indentify this flower? (extremely vauge description)

wrote in
:

Both of you guys were right it seems... Heres the picture i found

http://www.nzplantpics.com/pics_pere...ida_cultivar_0
2.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the one. I was searching through images of
geums and this aemone hybrid caught my attention. Soo... follow up
questions. can this flower survive as a wildflower in the region i
mentioned? And finally, does this flower have a scientific or common
name I could identify it by? I realize hybrids can be tricky in the
field of nameing

I would say that it could be an escape from cultivation in that area. As
far as scientific name, it is Anemone X Hybrida. The X indicates that it is
known to be a hybrid. A few hybrids occur naturally, but this one is a
cross between A. hupehensis var. japonica and A. vitifolia.

Sean