Old 18-08-2008, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Draven Draven is offline

Default Economy 7 meter digital (OT)

--
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2683436/
"endymion" wrote in message
I know this is the wrong newsgroup but I cannot find the diy one. Either my
server has removed it or I just cant find it. Anyway, I have economy 7
electricity and they have just replaced the meter with a digital one and I
cannot work it out and I have tried the internet but they give N and L for
the tariff readings

Can someone tell me which " T" and "R" stand for? I know one is night and
one day but I dont know which. This is exceptionally important since
there is something wrong with the electricity supply and the thing is
using 200 quid worth of electricity a month and I have nothing on.

I am trying to read the meter day and night to work out whats lamping the
electric but I cant do that not knowing which is day rate and which is
night. Can someone with one of these new digital elec tronic readers tell
me which is which?

To add to the confusion I've got a 3 rate heating meter. I've always been
able to know what's happening by a definitive "clunk" when the meter
switches to between zones.