Old 19-08-2008, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Have you used sulphur?

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

I'd not heard of using it tho' to change the soil Ph.

It's used here in TN to lower soil PH. To plant hollies I mixed it with
sand, Ironite, topsoil and composted manure. That was mixed well with the
poor clay soil here. They're beautiful with no chlorosis. :-)

Makes sense.
Wonder if it'd be good for pine trees? Our soil here is very Alkaline
which is why many of them don't do well.
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)