Old 19-08-2008, 08:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Vandy Terre Vandy Terre is offline

Default Master Gardener Program

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:27:24 -0400, Poe wrote:

In Ohio, where I live, we have a program called the Master Gardener
Program, which consists of 10 weeks of classes, and then some volunteer
work. Apparently the training is pretty extensive, and there are never
enough seats to go around, so they interview everyone to determine who
gets in.

I was wondering if anyone here has attended it, or anything like it, and
had any comments. I'd be interested in if it was useful, especially for
my interests in veggie gardening, or any other insights.

See if you can locate some graduates of the program and learn their opinions of
the course work. For me the program was not enough, but then I already hold a
degree in agriculture. I was seeking more information on farming/ gardening in
my area. That is not apparently what is taught here.

The price for the course is high, in my opinion. For that kind of money I can
buy several good books to study and keep for future reference. My opinion, your
mileage may vary.