Old 19-08-2008, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Young Steve Young is offline

Default Master Gardener Program

"Poe" wrote

[...]
Sorry for my long winded answer, but I wanted to outline where I am at
with regard to gardening, and my interests.

yep, lots of info conveyed.
Seems you've got your first order of business well in hand.

If you've never attended a Master Gardener course, I would think you could
learn enough to make it worthwhile. But as Vandy suggested, talking with a
past student, (one that currently gardens), may assuage any concerns.

How much space do you currently till? How much could you till?

Would you like to derive income from your excesses?

Do you have interest in maintaining organic methods?

I'm in NE Ohio myself, far enough south I'm usually considered zone 6,
(though I plant like it's zone 5). Here's a suggestion for a crop that
will flourish in your local, perhaps find many appreciating palates. Look at
the varieties and how much they are charging per pound:
http://67.199.35.172/ZenCart/index.p...=index&cPath=3
and: http://www.gourmetgarlicgardens.com/boutique.htm

and this fella will buy any excess garlic, even produce retail buyers:
http://www.gourmetgarlicgardens.com/fewgood.htm

I'd guess garlic lovers outnumber cigar aficionados by a fair margin

Steve Young