Old 08-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Sweet Alyssum spacing?

You can scatter them all around and once they start to grow, just lift them
gently with a spoon and space them out. I do this every year with Genovese
Basil. They are so tiny and you don't always get all of them to sprout, so
it's easier to let them start and then move them once they are 1-2" tall.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Someone" wrote in message
I just planted some Alyssum seeds directly into the ground. According to

the
packet, "plant spacing" is 8-10 in. Does this mean each seed should be
spaced 8-10 inches apart? Or should I just scatter them around? I felt
pretty ridiculous using toothpicks to plant these tiny, tiny little seeds.