Old 20-08-2008, 02:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Economy 7 meter digital (OT)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:10:41 +0100 someone who may be "whisky-dave"
wrote this:-

perhaps the meter reader read it worng they did with mine.
There are actualy 3 possible displays on mine.
if say the first is say the day rate, the second is the night rate and a
third displays
the total day+night I assume this is used for error checking or to detect
any
fiddling, buit they could have read this rate as either the day or night
which would be higher than either alone.

One I used to read displayed three totals:

"Rate 1" was the peak units.

"Rate 2" was the off-peak units used by appliances on 24 hour
circuits.

"Total" was the (generally night) units used by appliances connected
to the terminals for off-peak heating. I say generally night as
fairly often in autumn, spring and summer these were activated (by
radio) for an hour or so in the afternoon.

The total number of off-peak units was obtained by adding the "Rate
2" and "Total" figures.

This stupidly set up meter caused considerable confusion to begin
with.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh