Old 20-08-2008, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Buddleia

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:

| What would make a perfectly healthy Buddleia suddenly die within a
month?

| Everything else around it OK

Some sort of root-rot. That has happened to me, twice, with buddleia,
and several times with other plants. Usually, digging it up and
looking under the bark shows evidence, but there is no way of telling
whether that is primary or secondary.

Regards,

Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick

Our neighbour first noticed it in June/July when he was looking after house
and garden whilst we were on a cruise to Greenland, Iceland and Norway. When
we came home, it was half dead. Now in August it is completely dead and we
removed this afternoon.

All plants around it are fine and healthy :-))))

Thanks again

Mike