Old 20-08-2008, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Buddleia

In article , "'Mike'" writes:

| Our neighbour first noticed it in June/July when he was looking after house
| and garden whilst we were on a cruise to Greenland, Iceland and Norway. When
| we came home, it was half dead. Now in August it is completely dead and we
| removed this afternoon.
|
| All plants around it are fine and healthy :-))))

That's what happened to me. In my front garden, I lost two buddleia,
a flowering cherry, a magnolia and other things the same way. Some
years on, a buddleia is doing find just there. Now, THAT was fungal
(or at least not bacterial) because I could see the mycelium. But I
have lost a chilli this year that way (it took a week) and there was
nothing visible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.