Old 21-08-2008, 06:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default killing off IVY

Jon
I reckon a goat may the the way to tackle this..
I'm for the goat method..
Actually, with all the new migrants coming over, we should buy shares in
any company which is involved with "goateries"

As kids we had a few pet sheep. They all loved ivy (and pumpkin vines,
potato plants, passion vine, honey suckle, orange trumpet flowers,
dandelions, etc., etc.) In short, most flowers and anything with green
leaves!

Alas, if you read pastoral journals you will see that ivy is regarded as
carcinogenic, the likely cause of stomach cancer in stock that feed on it.

Speaking of sheep ... if you watch a sheep grazing you will see why the
wild sorrel in fields is known as sheep sorrel. Sheep can't walk past
a blade of it without snipping it off.