Old 21-08-2008, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Crop failure

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Paul Luton wrote:

Victoria Plum. About 20 years old. Never a very good cropper, but a
couple
of years ago produced a bumper crop of excellent fruits. Last year about
half-a-dozen and this year nil. Prune two thirds of last years growth in
early Spring.

The local PYO farm has indicated that there would be few plums this
year due to a frost at flowering time. (I was pleased to get just 2
plums on a newly planted tree - tasty )

I had no plums whatsoever this year because of the frost and I have
about half a dozen plum and gage trees.

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France