Old 21-08-2008, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donna Ludlow Donna Ludlow is offline

Default Forcing Hyacinths - Dark or light?

Hi All

I have brought some hyacinths to hopefully flower indoors over christmas in
my Dad and Nan's memory but after last years growing them in the dark, found
them to grow leggy rather than compact like my Dad and Nan use to get them
to grow. Has anyone ever tried growing them in both conditions to see what
works best?

I got them standing in the semi dark in the kitchen at the moment but would
love to hear any advice on what is best...

Thank you
Donna