Old 21-08-2008, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Buddleia

The message
from "'Mike'" contains these words:

About 15 feet away we have a Flowering Cherry which isn't very well too!!
That has been 'poorly' for a couple of years now and is coming out in the
very near future. The silly thing is that there are plenty of other plants
and shrubs nearby and between the two which are fine and even a mixed hedge
between the two is fine!!

Cherry wood, though very hard, is a lovely medium for carving and
turning, and oxidises to a fantastic colour - reds, chocolate, and all
shades between.

Use potassium dichromate or chromic acid solution to accelerate the
process (to more-or-less instant...).

Maybe we should hook everything out, cover it with concrete and paint it
green. There are some wonderful plastic plants, flowers and shrubs
about now
;-)

Well, low maintenance, 'cos Astroturf needs a vacuum cleaner over it
quite regularly...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig