Old 09-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Kipper

Default crepe myrtle

"kate" wrote in message

"Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A." wrote:

kate wrote:

I received a gift of someones Arbor Day Foundation trees and one is a
crepe myrtle. It has yet to show signs of life and even the old black
locust is leafing out. I'm zone 6 something - Nashville TN. Are these
late bloomers or has another one bit the dust?

Kate

Nick the bark with a thumbnail. If the cambium is still green, don't
give up hope.

I just haven't been able to make myself do that, although my neighbor
did teach me that method several years ago. I guess I'll stick with
patience.....

Thanks!

Kate

I live in Nashville and mine are showing no signs of life, but I know they
are OK. They look like this every year. I've trimmed then down and can't
wait for it to get warm so they can grow.
Karen