Old 22-08-2008, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] is offline

Default Tring to upload pic but fails!!

basalt wrote:
Joan F;811247 Wrote:
Okay, I believe I have found the page from which you are posting,
gardenbanter.co.uk I have attached a smaller jpg here and will see if
it gets where it belongs.

Joan F

Hi,
Yes I am using the web page gardenbanter.co.uk
I am not posting through a newsgroup as my newsreader
"News.Individual.NET" does not allow for posting binary etc.

That's not a newsreader, that's a web portal, and you are using a
browser to access it. And a web page is not the same as a newsgroup,
even though many web pages are set up so that you can upload messages
and pictures to them for other people to read/view, and some provide
access to a newsgroup.

A newsreader is a program that accesses a news server (host) directly,
and through which you can do the following:
-- select and subscribe to newsgroups;
-- download messages ("posts") from those newsgroups to your computer,
and read/view them;
-- Save all or parts of a post;
-- post messages, and on binary newsgroups, also post images, videos,
music, etc.

If you are using Windows, Outlook Express works as a newsreader, too. I
don't use OE, so I can't advise you how to set it up for newsgroups.

You also have to subscribe to a news service on Usenet. Your ISP
(Internet Service Provider) may provide a news service (Usenet service),
but most ISPs have withdrawn that part of their service. To find a news
servers, google on "news service hosts" and/or "Usenet hosts". There are
free services, but most of them are limited to text only. To subscribe
to binary newsgroups (through which you can exchange pictures), you will
almost certainly have to pay. I subscribe to Newshosting, the $10/month
plan is adequate for me.

My appologies for confusion- - I was not aware the original went out to
newsreader also
I tried to upload a picture from my pc using the "manage attachments"
feature on the "Additional options" of the gardenbanter.co.uk web
page. There are two options. 1. Upload File from your Computer
2.Upload File from a URL
So I need to upload file from a URL?
Stuart.

Since you are using a web portal to access this newsgroup, and I've
never used one for newsgroups, I can't advise you. Sorry.

--
wolf k.