Old 20-08-2008, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Tring to upload pic but fails!!

basalt blurted out in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens:

Hi,
As header says. Each time I try to upload a picture I keep getting
Failed!!
Its a jpeg with 313 kb and I cant understand whats the problem. Any
advice? tia.
Stuart.

What reader are you using?
What news server are you using?
Can you upload anything smaller to a test group?

Old 20-08-2008, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

basalt wrote:
Hi,
As header says. Each time I try to upload a picture I keep getting
Failed!!
Its a jpeg with 313 kb and I cant understand whats the problem. Any
advice? tia.
Stuart.

Without knowing what newsgroup software you are using, no, no advice. Sorry.

--
wolf k.
Old 20-08-2008, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Well, I tried the web interface where you are posting and got a picture to
show up there but it hasn't migrated to my Usenet server (Giganews) where I
am posting from now.

Old 20-08-2008, 11:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"basalt" wrote
As header says. Each time I try to upload a picture I keep getting
Failed!!
Its a jpeg with 313 kb and I cant understand whats the problem. Any
advice? tia.
Stuart.

The web site Gardenbanter has their own system for Photos so you have upload
it to that and then post on this Newsgroup the URL so we can look at it.
Alternatively come here direct and post direct like the rest of us.

You may like to look us "Newsgroups" on Wikipedia.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 21-08-2008, 12:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Not so, see following message where I attached a picture of nasturtiums,
that was posted through the gardenbanter website. It took a while to show
up. Don't know what basalt's problem is, perhaps he will describe what he
is doing. You have to upload the picture before you send your post that
includes it.

Old 21-08-2008, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:01:07 +0100, basalt wrote:

Hi,
As header says. Each time I try to upload a picture I keep getting
Failed!!
Its a jpeg with 313 kb and I cant understand whats the problem. Any
advice? tia.
Stuart.

I think "gardenbanter" is for reading only. If you want to post pictures
you will need to subscribe to a News Provider or ask your ISP if they
have usenet service.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington
Old 21-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-nut[_3_] View Post
basalt blurted out in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens:

Hi,
As header says. Each time I try to upload a picture I keep getting
Failed!!
Its a jpeg with 313 kb and I cant understand whats the problem. Any
advice? tia.
Stuart.

What reader are you using?
What news server are you using?
Can you upload anything smaller to a test group?
Okay, I believe I have found the page from which you are posting, gardenbanter.co.uk I have attached a smaller jpg here and will see if it gets where it belongs.

Joan F
Attached Thumbnails
Tring to upload pic but fails!!-pinkandorangenasturtiums.jpg
Old 21-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan F View Post
Okay, I believe I have found the page from which you are posting, gardenbanter.co.uk I have attached a smaller jpg here and will see if it gets where it belongs.

Joan F
Hi,
Yes I am using the web page gardenbanter.co.uk
I am not posting through a newsgroup as my newsreader "News.Individual.NET" does not allow for posting binary etc.
My appologies for confusion- - I was not aware the original went out to newsreader also
I tried to upload a picture from my pc using the "manage attachments" feature on the "Additional options" of the gardenbanter.co.uk web page. There are two options. 1. Upload File from your Computer
2.Upload File from a URL
So I need to upload file from a URL?
Stuart.
Old 21-08-2008, 06:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I uploaded mine from my computer. All I can suggest is trying again, try a
smaller picture and then another large one.

Old 22-08-2008, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

basalt wrote:
Joan F;811247 Wrote:
Okay, I believe I have found the page from which you are posting,
gardenbanter.co.uk I have attached a smaller jpg here and will see if
it gets where it belongs.

Joan F

Hi,
Yes I am using the web page gardenbanter.co.uk
I am not posting through a newsgroup as my newsreader
"News.Individual.NET" does not allow for posting binary etc.

That's not a newsreader, that's a web portal, and you are using a
browser to access it. And a web page is not the same as a newsgroup,
even though many web pages are set up so that you can upload messages
and pictures to them for other people to read/view, and some provide
access to a newsgroup.

A newsreader is a program that accesses a news server (host) directly,
and through which you can do the following:
-- select and subscribe to newsgroups;
-- download messages ("posts") from those newsgroups to your computer,
and read/view them;
-- Save all or parts of a post;
-- post messages, and on binary newsgroups, also post images, videos,
music, etc.

If you are using Windows, Outlook Express works as a newsreader, too. I
don't use OE, so I can't advise you how to set it up for newsgroups.

You also have to subscribe to a news service on Usenet. Your ISP
(Internet Service Provider) may provide a news service (Usenet service),
but most ISPs have withdrawn that part of their service. To find a news
servers, google on "news service hosts" and/or "Usenet hosts". There are
free services, but most of them are limited to text only. To subscribe
to binary newsgroups (through which you can exchange pictures), you will
almost certainly have to pay. I subscribe to Newshosting, the $10/month
plan is adequate for me.

My appologies for confusion- - I was not aware the original went out to
newsreader also
I tried to upload a picture from my pc using the "manage attachments"
feature on the "Additional options" of the gardenbanter.co.uk web
page. There are two options. 1. Upload File from your Computer
2.Upload File from a URL
So I need to upload file from a URL?
Stuart.

Since you are using a web portal to access this newsgroup, and I've
never used one for newsgroups, I can't advise you. Sorry.

--
wolf k.

[IMG] code is On

how to upload pic kkt Garden Photos 1 15-05-2013 11:08 PM
Upload tökkii edelleen päivityksiä aiheeseen Eemeli Australia 0 09-06-2008 12:01 AM
Need address to upload photos Rita Foust Gardening 5 26-04-2007 04:02 AM
UPLOAD PHOTOS for TREE ID--WHERE CAN I? GarlandGrower Gardening 1 23-04-2007 01:29 AM
Can i upload pictures to this group. Parafinn United Kingdom 19 04-10-2003 02:22 PM