Old 22-08-2008, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default How to dig in green manure?

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
et...
I guess another option would be to spray the green manure with glyphosate
and let it die off before digging in.

But I wonder if I would loose any beneficial effects if I do that?

I couldn't tell you but I'll never grow green cover crops again. I switched
to sheet composting with shredded yard and garden waste and piles of leaves.
All are turned under in early spring with fertilizer and the gardens tilled
a few times before being planted. First in are the lettuce, collards and
beets.

Ed