Old 09-04-2003, 12:56 AM
spampot

Default Sweet Alyssum spacing?

Someone wrote:
"Paul Below" wrote in message

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:44:22 -0500, "Someone"
wrote:

I just planted some Alyssum seeds directly into the ground. According to

the

packet, "plant spacing" is 8-10 in. Does this mean each seed should be
spaced 8-10 inches apart? Or should I just scatter them around? I felt
pretty ridiculous using toothpicks to plant these tiny, tiny little

seeds.

Just scatter them around. If you get more than you want, you can just
pull the extras out.

They do tend to spread out, and I've found they grow taller than it
says on the package (at least if they are in a fairly protected spot).

Thanks. I'm using them as an annual around a bearded iris that probably
won't flower for a couple years. I hope they won't grow too tall and block
out the iris's sun!

If anyone's ever seen alyssum that tall, I'd be very surprised.