Old 22-08-2008, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default madeira plant

In article ,
says...
Hallo,

On a recent trip to Madeira, I was struck by some plants in our hotel
garden.

They have long spearlike leaves with the outer surface of purple colour, and
the inner surface normal green. Our friendly hotel gardener supplied us with
a few and I have now had them here(SW Germany) for everal weeks.

Does anyone recognise them from this rather poor description, and if so,
can they help with any information, such as name and best way to look after
them?

Many thanks in advance.

Gordon Filby

Nothing is leaping to mind! try a few more details, height?, Width of
leaves?, do the leaves go to the base or are there stalks? A picture
would make life easier :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk