Old 09-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Dave Hunt

Default raspberry canes

I planted 3 Autumn bliss in autumn and 2 more in December. The December
ones and 1 autumn one have leaves but the other two are quiet.

Hi Steve!
They fruit on new growth, and need cutting to ground level after fruiting ...in
autumn/winter..(yes, again we managed to pick a large handful on Christmas
Day!)
Mine were cut down in Feb, and are now all starting to throw up new shoots..
Maybe just leave yours this year to see what happens, and cut them down in
autumn/winter?...and if you want any more plants let me know and I'll give you
some next time we meet at a ceilidh!

Dave Hunt...Shropshire
----share what you know...learn what you don't----