Old 23-08-2008, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
dyogi dyogi is offline

Default about gardening

On Aug 22, 2:09 am, Lan Zeird
wrote:
can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening

--
Lan Zeird

Lan,

There are hundreds of web sites and blogs about gardening, and as many
books. If you're completely new to the activity, you're best to get
your hands dirty in the company of someone who knows what they're
doing. Perhaps you have a neighbor or friend whose garden you admire;
ask them if you can spend some time helping out and getting pointers
from them. It's easiest to learn by doing, but there's no point in
doing trial-and-error at an activity that is so well understood and
documented.

If you want to supplement your first-hand experience with information
you get on-line, then check out such places as YouTube.com,
Hubpages.com, and squidoo.com, searching for videos or articles on
specific topics. For example, I recently published a Hub Page called
"A Very Small Kitchen Garden: Basil" http://hubpages.com/hub/Small-Kitchen-Garden
that provides step-by-step instructions for growing basil in a
container. There are plenty of similar articles... and some useful
videos on Youtube.

I'd love to have your company at my blog, Your Small Kitchen Garden,
which encourages people to grow their own produce even when they have
very limited space. The blog is young, and focused more on mid- and
late-season gardening since I live in Pennsylvania, but it will
explore all aspects of growing vegetables and fruit over the coming
months. Please have a look: http://www.smallkitchengarden.net If
you're more interested in flowers, please don't bother with my blog.

I hope I hear from you over there!