Old 22-08-2008, 06:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default about gardening

"Lan Zeird" wrote in message

can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening

Step 1: Turn off the computer and go outside.

Utopia in Decay
http://home.comcast.net/~kevin.cherkauer/site

Kevin Cherkauer

Old 22-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered User

can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening
Old 22-08-2008, 11:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Lan Zeird" wrote in message

can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening

Get an introductory level book from the local library and study it, at the
same time study your garden. If nothing happens after that then you are not a
gardener.

David

Old 22-08-2008, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Lan Zeird" wrote in message

can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening

What do you want to grow? In containers or in the ground?

--
Lan Zeird

Old 22-08-2008, 08:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening

What do you want to grow? In containers or in the ground?

--
Lan Zeird

This URL seems aimed at container gardening but it is a start. I
prefer real down to earth but am considering a raised bed raised bed in
10 years. ) Less bending but somehow bending reminds me of
stretching and touching my toes but I digress.

http://eatclosetohome.wordpress.com/...garden-from-sc
ratch/

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 22-08-2008, 09:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Go to your Exension Office and find out when they will have the next
Master Gardener Class. Problem solved.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 23-08-2008, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 22, 2:09 am, Lan Zeird
wrote:
can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening

--
Lan Zeird

Lan,

There are hundreds of web sites and blogs about gardening, and as many
books. If you're completely new to the activity, you're best to get
your hands dirty in the company of someone who knows what they're
doing. Perhaps you have a neighbor or friend whose garden you admire;
ask them if you can spend some time helping out and getting pointers
from them. It's easiest to learn by doing, but there's no point in
doing trial-and-error at an activity that is so well understood and
documented.

If you want to supplement your first-hand experience with information
you get on-line, then check out such places as YouTube.com,
Hubpages.com, and squidoo.com, searching for videos or articles on
specific topics. For example, I recently published a Hub Page called
"A Very Small Kitchen Garden: Basil" http://hubpages.com/hub/Small-Kitchen-Garden
that provides step-by-step instructions for growing basil in a
container. There are plenty of similar articles... and some useful
videos on Youtube.

I'd love to have your company at my blog, Your Small Kitchen Garden,
which encourages people to grow their own produce even when they have
very limited space. The blog is young, and focused more on mid- and
late-season gardening since I live in Pennsylvania, but it will
explore all aspects of growing vegetables and fruit over the coming
months. Please have a look: http://www.smallkitchengarden.net If
you're more interested in flowers, please don't bother with my blog.

I hope I hear from you over there!
Old 24-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered User

There are hundreds of websites and blog about gardening, and many books. If you are new activities, you better get your hands dirty in the company of people who know what they are doing. Maybe you have a neighbour or friend, you appreciate his garden; ask them if you can spend some time out to help them get pointer.
__________________
Pond Supplies
Old 28-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered User

Location: London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan Zeird View Post
can you advice me one thing how to start up gardening
What do you want to grow up?
Old 30-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piterjhon001 View Post
What do you want to grow up?
Yes true, you should tell what kind of plants you want to grow. And well if you're looking for general info about gardening, get books about that, if you can't, then search for guides online! if you can't search online, here are some gardening guides and essential equipments that you can get at reductions with Van Meuwen promo codes. You're sure to learn a lot... All you need to have is the will to do so...

best of luck.
Crow

Old 30-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered User

I'd say that you first have to know and study your garden. Study your soil and your environment. Also, you would need to know what you want to plant and which plants would best grow in the soil and weather that you have in your place. When you know this, you would also need to be guided by good beginner books and check out blogs as well.