Old 25-08-2008, 04:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Stabilizer doesn't work in gas with ethanol???

On Aug 24, 8:54*pm, "John W" wrote:
I just read in my owners manual that stabilizer doesn't work with gas that
has ethanol added to it. Most of the gas here in the North east s 10 - 15 %
ethanol...I think...is this true and what should I do about this???

Any coments appreciated

John

Not true. I use it. Believe I use about one ounce Sta-bil per 2.5
gal gas. It probably has alcohol in it but not enough to upset the
solubility of the ethanol in the gas. I use the stabilized gas in
mower, chain saw, generator and weed wacker without problem.