Old 25-08-2008, 01:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Stabilizer doesn't work in gas with ethanol???

I just read in my owners manual that stabilizer doesn't work with gas that
has ethanol added to it. Most of the gas here in the North east s 10 - 15 %
ethanol...I think...is this true and what should I do about this???

Any coments appreciated

John

Old 25-08-2008, 02:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

John W said:

I just read in my owners manual that stabilizer doesn't work with gas that
has ethanol added to it. Most of the gas here in the North east s 10 - 15 %
ethanol...I think...is this true and what should I do about this???

Any coments appreciated

John

Don't use stabilizer. =)

--

Eggs

-I know it sounds like I'm in denial, but I'm not.
Old 25-08-2008, 03:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Aug 24, 9:32*pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
John W said:

I just read in my owners manual that stabilizer doesn't work with gas that
has ethanol added to it. Most of the gas here in the North east s 10 - 15 %
ethanol...I think...is this true and what should I do about this???

Any coments appreciated

John

Don't use stabilizer. *=) *

--

Eggs

-I know it sounds like I'm in denial, but I'm not.

Sta-bil is probably the leading brand of fuel stabilizer additive in
the US. According to their website, it's safe to use in gasoline that
has ethanol in it. I guess just saying it's "safe" isn't exactly the
same as saying it's as effective in keeping the fuel viable.
However, if there was a problem with it being ineffective in fuel
containing ethanol, I think we'd all have heard about it long ago.
Ethanol is very common in most gas sold in the US now.

Also, if you want to be 100% sure, you could buy their marine version,
which I'm sure comes at a marine price. It is specifically labled as
and targeted for fuels containing ethanol.
Old 25-08-2008, 04:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Aug 24, 8:54*pm, "John W" wrote:
I just read in my owners manual that stabilizer doesn't work with gas that
has ethanol added to it. Most of the gas here in the North east s 10 - 15 %
ethanol...I think...is this true and what should I do about this???

Any coments appreciated

John

Not true. I use it. Believe I use about one ounce Sta-bil per 2.5
gal gas. It probably has alcohol in it but not enough to upset the
solubility of the ethanol in the gas. I use the stabilized gas in
mower, chain saw, generator and weed wacker without problem.
Old 28-10-2008, 03:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Hello I run a few do-it-yourself sites and give you free tech support for
repair of Lawn Mowers, Riders, Generators, Chain Saws and Weed Eaters. I
will give you 2 URLs

This is to my Group page where you can meet others like you and chat about
your problems or questions.

This is my home page where you can get FREE Small Engine Manuals on most all
small 4 cycle and 2 cycle Engines.
http://pages.suddenlink.net/aircooled/

or you can E-mail me at or

Michael Holt

"John W" wrote in message
I just read in my owners manual that stabilizer doesn't work with gas that
has ethanol added to it. Most of the gas here in the North east s 10 - 15
% ethanol...I think...is this true and what should I do about this???

Any coments appreciated

John

Adding Small Amount of Gas with 2 Cyle Oil Mix to Gas for Lawnmower [email protected] Lawns 7 03-06-2013 01:43 AM
10% Ethanol in Gas Steve[_22_] Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:27 PM
10% Ethanol in Gas C. E. White Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:20 PM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
Fuel Stabilizer Vincent Burgum United Kingdom 4 03-04-2005 10:24 PM