Old 09-04-2003, 03:33 AM
James

Default termites and moisture meters

Most of the termite inspection information I've read on the internet
seems to include an initial test for termites using moisture meters.

If you are fairly sure you do not already have a termite problem,
would it be safe to assume you could do your own regular tests with a
moisture meter and avoid costly monitoring systems?

I'm working on the theory that I may never have a termite problem.

And why is there a real lack of information regarding amateur termite
detection? Termites are just critters. Detecting and killing them
shouldn't be the costly exercise it seems to be.