Old 27-08-2008, 05:09 AM posted to austin.gardening
ArcherB[_2_] ArcherB[_2_] is offline

Default Green Core Tomatoes

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:21:54 -0500, jOhN wrote:

ArcherB wrote:
It's my first year growing anything edible. I planted two tomato
plats. I started late, but fortunately, one of the plants is still
producing quite well. The tomatoes have very good flavor, but the tops
never seem to ripen and the core is green, tough, and extends to the
middle of the tomato.

Is is just the type of tomato I'm growing (unknown variety) or is there
something I'm not doing right?

Thanx for any suggestions.

Unknown variety pretty much kills the response

While I understand that it could just be a "feature" of a particular
tomato type, I was wondering if there were anything that I am doing or
not doing that could be the cause.